Leadership Huron is a program of the Huron Chamber & Visitors Bureau, designed to develop leaders of the community by educating and inspiring class members to overcome challenges of growth and enhance the quality of life in Huron.
Over 400 people have graduated from the program and this diverse group represents individuals from all walks of life interested in Huron. Whether you are new to this area or have lived here all your life, Leadership Huron will provide a wide range of experiences and insights.
Attendance at each class is essential. Participants are expected to attend all classes. Acceptance into the Leadership Huron program entails a two-year commitment. The first year requires participation of at least two half days each month from September through May. The second year will consist of assisting with the preparation and presentation of the Leadership Program for the following class.
There is a tuition fee of $400, for Chamber Investors and $500, for Non-Investors, which covers all costs.
How to get involved
Benefits of Participation
- Meet a variety of new people and community leaders.
- Gain insight in how to be an effective leader.
- Expand your network of contacts.
- Learn new ideas to boost your career, your attitude and your life.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the community; including government, education, business, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Application Deadline is the first Friday of August each year.
- Class is limited to 20 participants.
- Email for more information.