No new outside group reservations will accepted during the months of October and November.
Library is moving to a new calendar and room reservation software program.
Meeting Room Policy
- The Library meeting rooms are available for use by community organizations engaged in civic, cultural, educational, or charitable activities. All meetings must be open to the public.
- Library programs and events receive first consideration in scheduling the use of the meeting rooms.
- There will be no fund raising, promotion of fee-based products or services, sale of items, admission fees charged, dues collected, nor collections taken in the Library meeting rooms.
- Groups composed of children under the age of 18 must be sponsored and supervised by the person responsible for that group.
- The frequency of meetings for any one organization will be at the discretion of the Library Director.
- The Meeting Room Request Form must be completed specifying date, time, contact person, and type of activity. This application must be approved by the Library Director or an appointed staff member. Room reservations may be made up to 3 months in advance.
- The fact that a group is permitted to meet in the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs.
- The Library Board reserves the right to deny or revoke permission for future use of a meeting room to any group that violates the rules or is disorderly or objectionable in any way. An organization may request a clarification from the Library Board at a regularly scheduled Board meeting.
- Alcohol use and smoking are not permitted in the library.
- Refreshments may be served in the Lester Jones meeting room only.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for preservation, protection, or possible theft of any property of the organization or person using Library meeting rooms.
- All prior set-up duties and following clean-up duties are the responsibility of the group representative. The room must be returned to its original state.
- The group representative must see that lights are turned off and the trash is collected.
- Responsibility for damage to the room, furniture, or equipment including repair/replacement charges rests with the group using the meeting room.