How to Get a Library Card
Because the funding for the Huron Public Library is provided by the Huron City Government, residents of Huron are entitled to become registered borrowers of the Huron Public Library.
The residency will be determined by current driver's license and/or other ID. People living outside of the Huron City Limits may apply for the appropriate type of card as listed below.
Types of library cards
- Residents of Huron who either live within the city limits or own property within the city
limits will have free access to materials in the Huron Public Library collections. They must
provide a photo id and proof of address when applying for their library card.
- Non-Residents of Huron who live outside of the Huron City limits but within Beadle County qualify for a Smogard Card. The same service policies apply to this type of card as to resident cards. They must provide a photo id and proof of address when applying for their library card.
- Non-Residents who live outside of Beadle County may purchase a one-year library card at a cost of $25.00. The same service policies apply to this type of card as to resident cards.
They must provide a photo id and proof of address when applying for their library card.
- Institution Cards - Institutions such as assisted living centers, government agencies, group homes, or
childcare facilities may apply for an institutional card. An individual that
has legal authority to sign agreements for the institution must sign an application for an
institutional card. The institution is responsible for all items charged to the institutional card.
- Computers for public use are available and may be used for up to 120 minutes per day with your library card or a guest pass.
- No email addresses or accounts are available through the Huron Public Library. There are many free webmail services like AOL, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, Outlook, Gmail, iCloud Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc that offer free email accounts.
- Public Printing & Copying service is also available. Black & white prints/copies are $0.15/page, color prints/copies are $0.25/page.
- Parents are encouraged to explore the Internet WITH their children.