How to Get a Library Card
Because the funding for the Huron Public Library is provided by the Huron City Government, residents of Huron are entitled to become a registered borrower of the Huron Public Library.
Residency will be determined by current driver's license and/or other ID. People living outside of the Huron City Limits may apply for the appropriate type of card as listed below.
Types of library cards
- Residents of Huron who either live within the city limits or own property within the city
limits will have free access to materials in the Huron Public Library collections. They must
provide (photo id and proof of address) when applying for their library card.
- The Smogard Card is for people who live outside of the Huron City limits but within Beadle
County. The same service policies apply to this type of card as to resident cards. They must
provide photo id and proof of address when applying for their library card.
- Non-Residents who live outside of Beadle County limits may purchase a one-year library card
at a cost of $25.00. The same service policies apply to this type of card as to resident cards.
They must provide photo id and proof of address when applying for their library card.
- Institution Cards such as assisted living centers, government agency, group homes, or
childcare facilities within Beadle County may apply for an institutional card. An individual that
has legal authority to sign agreements for the institution must sign an application for an
institutional card. The institution is responsible for all items charged to the institutional card.
- eCards are available to patrons who do not qualify for a full library card. An eCard will allow
you to reserve and use internet computers and access electronic databases. A current photo
ID such as a driver’s license or state ID card is all that is required to get an eCard. Anyone
wishing to use computers must have either an eCard or a full-privileged library card.
Computers for the library catalog will continue to be made available without a library card.