Book Clubs & Reading Challenges
Huron Public Library Reading Challenge
How it works
The HPL reading challenge is a fun way to “read outside your box”. Whether you read physical books or read electronically using Kindles, smartphones, or other devices, or, you listen to books in various formats such as CDs, and MP3s. Thousands of titles are available for free downloading from OverDrive by going to the Library’s web site and using your library card number. At the end of the year, you will have read 20 books that will enrich your life.
- Stop by the library to pick up a reading challenge card.
- Pick a genre and read a book that fits that genre.
- Continue reading different genres until you completed a line down, across, or diagonally.
- When you have finished, bring your card to the library circulation desk to claim your prize.
- New cards get released at the beginning of each quarter.
(1st January-March, 2nd April - June, 3rd July-September and 4th October-December)
None at this time
TAP (Tiger Afterschool Program) - Meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month from 4:15 pm-4:45 pm via Zoom. The TAP teachers will distribute the books.
Middle School Book Club - Meets the 4th Monday of each month from 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm via Zoom. Receive your books from Mrs. Winter at the Middle School Library.
High School Book Club - Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 3:30 pm-4:30 pm via Zoom. Receive your books at the High School Library.
Mystery Book Club - Meets the 2nd Thursday of each month from 5:30 pm-7:00 pm via Zoom.
Romance Book Club - Meets the 4th Thursday of each month from 6:30 pm-7:30 pm via Zoom.
History Book Club - Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6:30 pm-7:30 pm via Zoom.