South Dakota celebrates Manufacturing Week each fall.
Huron is joinsthe Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) in celebrating the annual South Dakota Manufacturing Week. Across South Dakota, manufacturers play a vital role in our state’s overall economic health. The products our manufacturers produce are as diverse as the companies themselves. From food to fuel, cabinets to custom fabrication, bio-adhesives and beyond, South Dakota manufacturers produce an astounding array of products.
Manufacturing Facts:Huron's Manufacturers
- Manufacturing is 20% of Huron’s workforce.
- Manufacturing is #2 of the top 11 major industries in Huron.
- 34 businesses in Huron are classified as manufacturers.
- Huron manufacturer’s employ more than 1,700 people
- Manufacturing is 10% of the state’s workforce with 42,389 jobs.
- Manufacturing’s average wage is $44,503.
- Manufacturing’s annual payroll in South Dakota is $1.9 billion.
Source: South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation, Labor Market Information Center
SD Manufacturing Week is a great opportunity for Huron to showcase our manufacturing industry and the impact it has on the local, state and global economy.