How Do I

Do I have to license my pets?
City ordinance requires pets to be licensed. Pet licenses may be obtained at the Beadle County Humane Society, 5063 Dakota Avenue S. Phone: (605) 352-8955. Pet licenses require current vaccination information. Pet Ordinance
Where can I get copies of the city's budget and financial reports?
Copies of the city's budget and financial reports are available at the Finance Office, located at 239 Wisconsin Ave SW or on the city's website.
Where do I register my bicycle?
Bicycle Registration is available at the Water Billing Office, 239 Wisconsin Ave SW. A tag is issued to place on your bike for a $1.00 fee (.50 cents for a replacement tag). The registration numbers are kept on file at the Water Billing Office and at the Police Department. Bike Registration Form  [PDF]
How do I turn on utilities at my residence?

Water/Sewer/Garbage service is administered by the city. A minimum deposit of $100.00 and photo ID is required for all new residential customers. Applicants must be age 18 or older. Contact the Utility Billing Office, 239 Wisconsin Ave SW, (605) 353-8504 for further details.

Electricity & Natural Gas service is administered by NorthWestern Energy. Please contact them at (605) 352-8411 for further details.
Who do I contact if I’m having problems with my water meter?
Please contact the city’s Utility Billing Office at (605) 353-8504 to schedule an appointment for a service technician to check the meter.
How do I know if I live in the Historic District?
Huron has a number of historic properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Please contact the City Planner at (605) 353-8500 to see if you live within the historic district.
How do I know if I need a building permit?
Building permits are required for all new construction, structural changes, remodeling, fences, sheds, residing, reroofing (both commercial and residential), water heater replacement, HVAC installation, lawn sprinkler installation, etc. Please contact the city's Inspections Department for further information (605) 353-8512. Inspections & Planning
Where do I register to vote?
  • Beadle County Auditor's Office, 445 4th Street SW, Huron, SD
  • City Finance Office, 239 Wisconsin Ave SW, Huron, SD.  Voter Information
  • Download a registration application from the Secretary of State’s website

Website Powered By PageFramer, Development By Robert Sharp & Associates