2017 Reading Challenge
2017 Huron Public Library Reading Challenge
How it works
The 2017 HPL reading challenge is a fun way to “read outside your box”. Whether you read physical books or read electronically using Kindles, smart phones, or other devices, or, you listen to books in various formats such as CDs, and MP3s. Thousands of titles are available for free downloading from OverDrive by going to the Library’s web site and using your library card number. At the end of the year, you will have read 20 books that will enrich your life.
- Stop by the library to pick up a “Scratch and Read” card.
- Scratch five circles and reveal your reading challenge.
- Complete the reading challenges in each quarterly group; Do the groups in seasonal order.
- Write the title next to the challenge completed; Titles cannot be repeated.
- When you have finished a group, bring your scratch card to the library to claim your prize.
This is a self-paced program for patrons of all ages – Adults, Teens, Children 2nd – 5th grade, Children birth – 1st grade.