Visiting Huron

Living in Huron

Moving to Huron

City Government

Chamber of Commerce

Economic Development

Financial Aid FAQs

Who is eligible for financial aid at Huron Community Campus?
You must be accepted for admission as a degree-seeking student with one of our partner schools and generally be enrolled at least half-time.
I’m not sure my family will have financial need. Should I complete the FAFSA?
Yes. By completing the FAFSA, you are applying for all types of federal aid including grants, workstudy, and student loans. Some grants and loans are available regardless of need.
Do I have to list my parents’ income on the FAFSA?
Yes, unless you meet certain criteria such as:
  • Born before 01/01/87
  • Married
  • A graduate or professional student
  • Have legal dependents other than a spouse
  • Are an orphan or were a ward/dependent of the court
  • Are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces or are currently serving on active duty for purposes other than training
When will I find out how much financial aid I am eligible for?
After your college has receive the processed results of your FAFSA and reviewed your tax returns and verification documents (if necessary), you will receive an award letter which will indicate the amounts and types of aid for which you qualify.
What if my family has a special circumstance that will affect how much we can pay?
Students who have special circumstances (such as a loss of income or high medical expenses) should contact their college’s financial aid office for a re-evaluation of need.
Do I have to apply for financial aid every year?
Yes, your financial situation must be reassessed each academic year.
grass element