Announcement: City plowing all streets until done - "NO" Snow Alert issued
Financial Aid Steps for Applying
- Apply for a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov. The PIN is used to electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other federal aid documents, make corrections to your application, and view information about federal loans and grants you’ve received. You and your parent should each apply for a PIN.
- Complete the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/before012.htm. This will assist you in completing the federal aid application on-line.
- Apply for financial aid electronically by completing the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you are unable to complete the application electronically, contact your college’s financial aid office for a paper application. Either method is free of charge; however, filing electronically is easier, faster, and more accurate.
- Most colleges have a “priority deadline” for SEOG, Workstudy, and/or Perkins Loan. Although you can apply for financial aid after this deadline, it is best to meet their deadline if possible. If you haven’t filed your taxes yet, you may estimate on the form and update later.
- List your college’s school code
- Dakota Wesleyan University (003461)
- Mitchell Technical Institute (008284)
- Northern State University (003466)
- Presentation College (003467)
- Make copies of information submitted and save a copy of the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet for your records.
- Provide tax returns and verification documentation if requested.
- Explore all resources such as scholarships, payment plans, veterans’ benefits, BIA grants, Vocational Rehabilitation, alternative loans, etc.
- When you receive your award letter, read through all information, sign one copy, and return it to your financial aid Office without delay.