The Huron Parks & Recreation Department is proud to offer a wide range of activities for the whole family! A weekly schedule helps you keep track of activity times and locations. If you are financially unable to pay our fees contact us at (605) 353-8533 and arrangements will be made for your participation.
- Arts & Crafts
- Kickball (Adult Co-Ed)
- Slowpitch Softball
- Swimming lessons
- T-Ball & Coach Pitch
- Water Aerobics/Fitness
- Registrations are to be accepted on a first come first serve basis beginning on our regular registration date. Register early in April for programs you wish to attend.
- There will be absolutely no registrations taken over the phone.
- All registration fees are to be paid at registration.
- You may register for yourself and immediate family.
- Some programs will have maximum and minimum participant levels.
- Day and time for each class will be available at registration.
- There will be a $5.00 processing charge for all refunds. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS AFTER THE SCHEDULED PROGRAMS HAVE STARTED.
- Additional activities and special events will be published in the Daily Plainsman and broadcast on KIJV and KOKK.
- SUMMER REGISTRATION DATES ARE:
- You may register online beginning in April.
- Register at the Parks & Recreation Office located at the Campus Center, 333 9th Street SW. Office Hours: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Listen to KIJV and KOKK. Activities will be cancelled due to high temperatures, rain, wet fields, lightning, tornado warnings, etc.
For information call the Huron Parks and Recreation Department at (605) 353-8533 or stop in at the Campus Center, 333 9th Street SW.
Insurance - Are You Covered?
The Huron Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department does not carry medical insurance for the participants of the programs. The cost of doing so would be so high that fees charged for programs would become prohibitive. We suggest that you review your family's personal health insurance plan to be sure that it provides you with sufficient coverage.
We also suggest that you check with your family physician before participating in any Parks & Recreation Department programs that requires physical exertion. If your physician should discover some factors that could limit you physically, please consider them when registering for programs.
Need A Ride To Summer Activities?
Call People’s Transit at (605) 353-0100. Busses operate from 6am-8pm. Rides are available to the general public. Call 24 hours in advance for ride reservations and costs.