The Finance Office maintains financial records for the city, as well as all official agendas, minutes, ordinances, resolutions, municipal election procedures, alcoholic beverage licensing, personnel records, etc. as required by South Dakota Codified Laws (SDCL).    

Credit and debit cards are accepted for payment of Utility Bills, Building Permits, Special Assessment Payments, Water/Sewer hook-up charges (trunk line fees, meter costs, etc), Golf Course memberships, Parks & Recreation programs, and deposits for service.


Finance Office

Paullyn Carey, Finance Director
239 Wisconsin Ave SW | PO Box 1369
Phone: (605) 353-8502
Fax: (605) 353-8506

Accounts Payable: (605) 353-8502
Utility Billing: (605) 353-8504          
Business Hours: Monday-Friday  8am-5pm

Information Summary

Financial Records


The following services are offered in the Finance Office. Please contact us if you have questions or need further information.

Utility Service and Payments

All customers requesting water, sewer and garbage service, hereafter referred to as “utilities”, from the City of Huron must make application in person to the City Finance Office at 239 Wisconsin SW, Huron, SD. Utilities will not be furnished to a customer until an application with a picture ID and a deposit of $100 is received by the City. No service will be granted to customers with a delinquent account from a prior residence until such bill is paid in full. Bills are sent out the first of each month and are due on or before the 18th of each month.

Your utility bill may be paid with cash, check or a credit/debit card. If wanting to pay with a credit/debit card you must come to the office or pay online. A drop box is located in the front lobby and a drive up drop box is located on the south side of the building. Automatic payment of your account is available by completing an authorization form and submitting it with a voided check. The automatic payment is withdrawn from your account on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.

Garbage Service: Garbage  service is mandatory for residential customers. A 60 or 90 gallon brown container shall be provided to each residence. If this can is lost, stolen, or destroyed, a replacement container must be purchased by the resident or home owner. Your utility bill stub may be used each month for one free load to the landfill for rubble, tree branches, or metal without freon compressors.

Yard Waste Service: A green  yard waste container is available for purchase from the city at a cost determined by the city landfill. There is no charge for picking up this container. The container becomes the property of the purchaser.

Recycling Service: A recyclable container (blue with a yellow lid) has been issued to households that participate. To sign-up for a recycling container please contact the Solid Waste Department at 353-8542 or Email. The recycling containers will be picked up by the city each week on the same day that garbage is collected in that neighborhood.

Website Powered By PageFramer, Development By Robert Sharp & Associates