Canvas Covered Buildings not Allowed
We have noticed an increase in canvas covered accessory buildings in the City of Huron and have asked several homeowners to remove them. This is notice that they are not allowed by city ordinance:
23.10.024 - Accessory buildings and structures.
(9) Plastic, canvas or corrugated metal sheeting (agricultural metal siding/roofing) is not permitted for carport accessory buildings. &
(10) Plastic or metal framing is not permitted for carport accessory buildings.
23.08.010 - Accessory use or structure. "Accessory use or structure" means a nonresidential use or structure subordinate to, and serving, the principal use or structure on the same lot and customarily incidental thereto.
Bid Specifications NOW Online
Specifications for city bids are now available online in addition to obtaining them from the City Engineer's office. Contractors must complete a short registration process to access the downloadable specifications. Click Here to access current bid specs.
The Solid Waste Department has compost ready for residents. The compost will be free due to there being residual chemicals found in the testing. The residual chemicals are 2-4D and Dicamba which can cause damage to broadleaf plants. Residents will be required to sign a waiver. If the resident wants the department to load the compost for them, there will be a $15 loading charge.
September 11, 2017:
- 5:30pm - Public Hearings:
- Special Event On-Sale Alcoholic Beverage License filed by Red Arrow Bar
- Transfer On-Sale Liquor License from Bucky's Restaurant and Lounge to the Tailgate
September 18, 2017
- 2pm - Bid Opening
Public Works Building - Bid 2016-26R
City of Huron
|PO Box 1369|
|239 Wisconsin Ave SW|
|Huron, SD 57350|
|Ph: (605) 353-8502|
|Fx: (605) 353-8506|