Real Estate Auction - 1pm on March 18
The City of Huron, owner, is holding an auction at 1pm on March 18, 2015 in the Kerr Room at the Campus Center, 333 9th Street SW, Huron, SD, to sell 36 residential lots located in Southtown Addition. Here is a great opportunity to purchase ready to build residential lots with infrastructure in place. Lots of various sizes from 14,204 sq. ft. to 107,800 sq. ft. zoned R2-R4 Residential. Home Builders, Developers, Investors, Spec Homes, Townhouses, Duplexes, and Apartments the possibilities are endless. This is a rare opportunity to purchase lots that are ready to be built upon. With the recent growth in Huron, SD and the shortage of housing now is the time to buy and build single or multi-family housing to meet the demands of our great community. Each of the lots are numbered and lot edges have been marked on the curb. For a detailed listing of the lots to be sold and aerial map layout Click Here or contact auctioneer Ben Meyer 605-350-0316 agent for seller.
Snow Removal Procedures
A "Snow Removal Alert" means that an authorized city official has declared that snow removal operations will begin on public streets. Usually a Snow Alert is issued once we have received 2" or more of snow; however, alerts are also based on weather conditions such as wind and ice, as well as the amount of additional snow forecasted, and city crews may begin removing snow from emergency routes before the alert is issued. The local news media will announce when a Snow Removal Alert has been declared.
Electronic Alerts: Click on “!E-Alerts Signup” a the top of this website to sign up to receive alerts via text message or email.
Snow Removal Updates: Phone: (605) 353-8501 press option zero to hear the latest snow removal updates.
- The city' first priority is to remove snow from the Core area of the city and Snow Emergency Routes. Before parking in these areas be especially aware of weather conditions, you may not want to park if snow is predicted. NO PARKING in the "Core Area" from midnight to 8AM. The "Core Area" consisting of streets in the downtown area. After the Core Area is cleared of snow, the other city streets will be cleared.
- The city's second priority is to remove snow from residential streets not in the core area or on snow emergency routes.
- No parking will be allowed from midnight to midnight on North-South streets or courts entering off of a North-South streets on odd numbered calendar days.
- No parking will be allowed from midnight to midnight on East-West streets and courts entering off of an East-West streets on even numbered calendar days.
- No parking is allowed during a snow alert until snow is cleared from curb to curb on that particular street.
- Ticketing will be enforced.
Snow Removal Guides
- Snow Removal Brochure [PDF]
- Karen Snow Removal Guide [PDF]
- Spanish Snow Removal Guide [PDF]
- Emergency Snow Routes [PDF]
- SD State Road Reports
- SD Highway Construction Reports
March 9, 2015
Public Hearing: Special Alcoholic Beverage License for Chamber Mixer