Why join the Chamber & Visitors Bureau?
The Huron Chamber & Visitors Bureau has proven itself to be the most active and effective volunteer, non-profit organization committed to helping the Huron community and its businesses. You, as a business, as a professional person, or as an individual, have a stake in this area and you can best safeguard your interests by working with others through the Chamber & Visitors Bureau. The Chamber promotes an environment that can maximize your business potential and profitability.
At the Chamber & Visitors Bureau we don't just talk about the future, we develop programs to shape it and we believe you want to help shape it and we believe you want to help shape Huron and the region's future also. That's why we need you and you need us.
A professional staff and a host of volunteers will work with you to see our community's dreams turn into reality. We invite and challenge you to join in developing our community. Let's work together to make it the best it can be!
Investing in your Chamber & Visitors Bureau is a "Partnership Investment That Works" for your business and your community.
Whether you are a prospective, new or current member of our Chamber, we invite you to learn why Chamber membership doesn't cost - it pays! Take advantage of the incredible benefits of membership, and get involved in improving our community's quality of life.
Huron Chamber & Visitors Bureau 2012 Goals
Convention & Meeting Solicitation
1. Research and identify a much more efficient and user-friendly convention and event database to enchance solicitation efforts.
2. Increase convention, meeting and event solicittion efforts by 50%.
3. Work in partnership with the newly formed Business Improement District Board to increase visitor traffic and overnight hotel stays by enhancing existing efforts, implementing new marketing strategies and the creation of new events.
4. Work in partnership with the SD State Fair and the SD Chapter of Red Power in preparation of the 2014 National Red Power Round-up to ensure a memorable and successful show and to showcase Huron and the State Fairgrounds as a great venue to host national events.
5. Work in partnership with the SD State Fair and the event organizers of the Wally Byam Caravan Club in preparation of the 2013 Wally Byam International Airstream Rally to ensure a memorable and successful show and to showcase Huron and the State Fairgrounds as a great venue to host national events.
Pheasant Hunting Promotion & Recruitment
1. Continue to work with Hunt Action Team on branding of Huron Ringneck Nation and implementation of the marketing plan to include print ads, email and social marketing.
2. Determine feasibility of applying for Matching Grant Program through SD Tourism.
3. Implement an email and social marketing strategy (using hunting inquiry database) teasing hunters with pheasant trivia, bird counts, recipes, hotel room packages, etc.
4. Continue to take part in the SD Rooster Rush promoation and utilize bragging rights as winner of the SD Cacklin' Community of the Year Award.
1. Collaborate with the City of Huron and the Business Improvement District to establish a Central Park Marketing Committee whose tasks will include:
a. Design and promote a high-profile contest to choose a name for the water park located within Central Park.
b. Preparation and promotion of Central Park's Grand Opening in 2013, including statewide teaser advertisement beginning this summer.
c. Establish a marketing plan to promote all the amenities of Central Park to regional visitors, including the Water Park, City Park, and visitor opportunities within the Campus Center.
d. Leverage the economic impact of the facility by promoting day outings, as well as visitor destination trips (overnight "Swim & Stay" packages).
Membership & Community Relations
1. Survey membership to seek input and value on membership benefits, programs, projects and special events. Utilze this information at strategic planning session.
2. Establish a bi-monthly member orientation program to promote networking, visibility and inform members of the benifitis and services offered by the Chamber.
3. Continue to offer periodic educational seminars to assist businesses in improved performance.
4. Maintain a membership retension rate of 96% and increasing membership sales by 5%.
5. Consider implementation of a "Buy Local" campaign to create awareness of products and services and to strengthen retail sales in Huron.
1. Take an active role in welcoming newcomers to our community by participating in the new refugee orientation.
2. Continue to collaborate with Huron Public Schools on the Community Cultural Fair and quarterly Community Roundtable meetings.
3. Collaborate with Huron Park & Recreation and Huron Public Schools to support cultural and recreational activities in Huron.
1. Conduct a Strategic Planning Process in the fall of 2012 to determine long range plan and goals moving forward. The process will include:
a. Surveying membership to seek input on membership benefits, programs, projects and special events.
b. Review of all programs, special events, committees and projects to determine value and merit moving forward.
2. Staff Huron Visitor Center on Saturdays during the summer months.