Why join the Chamber & Visitors Bureau?
The Huron Chamber & Visitors Bureau has proven itself to be the most active and effective volunteer, non-profit organization committed to helping the Huron community and its businesses. You, as a business, as a professional person, or as an individual, have a stake in this area and you can best safeguard your interests by working with others through the Chamber & Visitors Bureau. The Chamber promotes an environment that can maximize your business potential and profitability.
At the Chamber & Visitors Bureau we don't just talk about the future, we develop programs to shape it and we believe you want to help shape it and we believe you want to help shape Huron and the region's future also. That's why we need you and you need us.
A professional staff and a host of volunteers will work with you to see our community's dreams turn into reality. We invite and challenge you to join in developing our community. Let's work together to make it the best it can be!
Investing in your Chamber & Visitors Bureau is a "Partnership Investment That Works" for your business and your community.
Whether you are a prospective, new or current member of our Chamber, we invite you to learn why Chamber membership doesn't cost - it pays! Take advantage of the incredible benefits of membership, and get involved in improving our community's quality of life.
Huron Chamber & Visitors Bureau
2016-17 Strategic Statements & Goals
Business & Tourism: Support our local businesses by being a premier location for conferences, and events.
Goal: We will form partnerships with community resources and local businesses to recruit and promote events.
- Work with local restaurants and hotels to ensure the best experience possible when hosting SD High School Activities Association state tournaments in an effort to maintain Huron as a host site for future events.
- Work in partnership with the Business Improvement District Board to increase visitor traffic and overnight hotel stays by enhancing existing efforts, implementing new marketing strategies and the creation of new events.
- Continue to work with Hunt Action Team on branding of Huron Ringneck Nation and implementation of the marketing plan to include print ads, email and social marketing.
- Capture testimonials from meeting and event planners as well as visitors to use in sales and marketing pieces when soliciting events.
- Work with others to secure and recruit events including services clubs, businesses, churches, etc. through face-to-face contacts, speaking engagements, Prairie Tracks, etc.
Educate and Promote: Create Awareness of the benefits of shopping local in our community.
Goal: We will educate residents of the retail opportunities available in Huron and instill community pride
- Educate the public on the importance and impact of shopping and doing business local.
- Implement 2017 Shop Local Campaign.
- Utilize testimonials and video to promote positives about Huron
- Build and enhance “We Are Huron” branding on social media
- Conduct “Operation Thank You” for Chamber volunteers during National Volunteer Week April, 2017 to let them know how much we appreciate them.
Membership: Recognized as the best investment a Huron business can make.
Goal: Continue to work towards implementation of the new Bundle Up!™ dues structure where members are investing in pre-package programs and services that meet their specific needs.
- Selling ourselves
- Conduct “Operation Thank you” in the Spring of 2017 in an effort to let our Chamber Members know how much we appreciate them.
- Utilize testimonials from Chamber Members to promote the value and services of the Chamber.
- Set attainable periodic goals to insure Bundle Up is completed by 2019.
- With the help of the Ambassador Committee, utilize information gathered to create profiles of Chamber Members recognizing them for their support of our community through “Meet our Members” with Facebook and Chamber e-blast.
- Research feasibility of hiring additional staff to ensure success of Bundle-Up
Administration: A Respected, enthusiastic professional team promoting positive community development.
Goal: Review job descriptions, compensation plan, employee handbook, benefits and bylaws.
Governmental Affairs: Recognized by local and state leaders as the influential voice for business and industry.
Goal: Work to implement a policy to act as a guideline for action on legislative issues.